Question by : stiff neck, headache, nausea.. whats wrong with me?
for 2 days now i’ve had a stiff neck, headache, nausea, anxiety and feeling really dizzy and almost blacking out.. i’ve had times where i can hardly walk properly and almost fell down the steps. what does this sound like to you? i ran out of antidepressant and havent taken it for about 10 days now could that be the cause?
Answer by Douglas B
Your headache is caused by tight neck muscles as well as your stiff neck. The neck muscles go to the top of your head where they connect to muscles going around your head. When the neck muscles get tight they pull the head muscles into pain and that’s your headache. The nausea is also caused by them, don’t know why just that many people who have tight neck muscles list that as a symptom. When your neck muscles are tight they restrict the blood leaving the head so less new blood enters to result in a lowered oxygen level in the brain. There are three stages of lowered oxygen levels in the brain and they are; feeling very tired; getting dizzy or light headed; and passing out. If you have had these aches and pains going on for a while it would make you anxious for your body is waiting for the next pain to emerge. To get rid of these problems you have to free up your neck muscles to release the tight ones and here’s how to free them up:
Put your hands alongside your head so your thumbs are on the front of the muscle under your ear and your fingers are on the back of the muscle behind your neck. Squeeze your thumb and fingers together and hold. Relax your body. After about 30 to 45 seconds, when you don’t feel the muscles releasing any longer, slowly lower your head as far as you can, release the pressure but hold your neck lowered for another 30 seconds.
For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.
What do you think? Answer below!
Incoming search terms:
- dizzy and stiff neck
- What is wrong if your neck fills stiff
- tight neck muscles and nausea
- tight neck headache anxiety
- stiff neck passing out nausea ear pain
- stiff neck nausea
- nausea ear pain and stiff neck
- i have headache nasuea neack an spin pain what is wrong
- headache and nausea what is wrong?
- headache and dizziness neck stiff
- Q&A: Headache, Nausea, Fatigue .. and more .. whats wrong with me?
- How come I get a stiff neck after a migraine?
- I have severe upper neck pain with a headache and nausea. What can I do to relive my symptoms?
- Headache nausea and incredible dizziness?
- What can cause your neck to spontaneously bruise along with stiffness and migraine headache?